Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A good man

You have to give credit where credit is due. Yesterday I had a bad day with the kids. Chips were stolen from the food cabinet and crunched into a million pieces by the youngest two, flour was all over the kitchen after making homemade playdough with all four of them, crayon was colored on the walls, and finally a fight over the crayon box left crayons all over and under the table. By lunch I had a terrible headache and by 3:30 pm I was desperate. I called Tim and asked if he could come home. This does not happen often. I knew he had things to do but I needed a dark, quiet room and some sleep. I really didn't think I could make it another minute. He packed up his things and came home. I expected 45 minutes of rest, "just let me rest until dinner" I told him. He suggested taking the kids away so I could get some real rest. Grateful I helped him load them up and I went to bed. At 7 pm a friend stopped by to pick up something. I couldn't believe the time. I called Tim and found out he was on the way home. He had taken the kids to ride bikes on campus and then to McDonalds for dinner (we had coupons - no we are still not fans of the golden arches). My headache was gone and I was able to finish up our day. The kids had enjoyed some fun time and been fed, it was a relief to have that done for me. I am not good at singing his praises often enough so I thought this time I would make a point to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Tim!
Tina