Monday, April 28, 2008

She Pees in the Potty!

It is coming. The light at the end of a 7 1/2 year tunnel. Katey is showing interest in the potty. Many of you may wonder- why all the excitement for this event? Those of you who have had recently or have children in diapers totally relate. For us it began in December of 2000. Since that point we have had at least one kid in diapers. For those who care not about the toileting habits of toddlers, stop reading here. For those who can rejoice in "going potty" and are comfortable with the words associated with this act, read on. On Sunday she was sitting on the potty. She got up to talk to me just outside the bathroom door. Tim and I were involved with something on the computer and I look down in time to see her in the "position". I scream "KATEY" and out comes the poo. Right on the doormat. Almost a milestone! Its my fault for not keeping her on the toilet. We put her on the potty with her "deposit" and then let her flush it. Tonight she did manage to stay on the potty long enough. Three drips in the potty. Mommy and Daddy are happy. It will be a while. Mostly we're just having fun at this point. When it comes it will change my life. I am looking forward to it and so is our budget!

No comments: