Thursday, January 1, 2009

The world keeps spinning

I have been "under the weather" since Saturday with dizziness and nausea. Its an off and on thing and I have my good moments and bad ones. Yesterday I found the cause was vertigo (yes, we wondered about the obvious other thing, but it was not the case). The doctor gave me some meds and promised a quick recovery. What she failed to mention was that I would be trading being dizzy for being "drunk" while taking the medication. I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30 last night, Tim woke me to go to bed late last night after he rang in the new year with a sleeping spouse and I stumbled (literally) upstairs. I woke up at 10:30 this morning. Yes, 14 hours of sleep. I can't remember the last time I slept that long! I have spent the day today slurring my words, sleeping (yes, I still took a nap even after all that sleep), hanging onto things to walk, and wondering if the cure is worse than problem it was to treat. Thankfully Tim has no classes this week!! I can't imagine trying to manage the children in my state. Hopefully my miraculous recovery is moments away. The doctor promised the world would stop spinning within 48 hours. I am ready to be still and enjoy what is left of our holiday break!

No comments: