Thursday, August 18, 2011

Carter eats!!!!

Since Carter's birthday last month we have a new rule:  He must eat one bite of the main dinner meal every night.  For his picky eating nature this has been a big challenge.  However, he is learning that he does like a few things.  To most foods he says "Its okay but I don't want any more" but at least its a start.  Tonight was our first Wednesday meal at church since the new rule went into effect.  He took a yogurt to eat expecting not to like the meal that was offered.  I took a small piece of Laurel's fried chicken and had him eat it as his "main" course for the night.  He liked it and asked for his own piece.  The kid ate an entire serving of chicken.  Any of you who have picky eaters can join me in doing my happy dance that I have another source of protein for my growing boy.  Cantaloupe was also tolerated, though he still doesn't always want to eat it.  It has been a month and he is coping and taking his bite each night without too much resistance.  We are very excited for him!

No comments: