Friday, November 14, 2008

Declaring Independence

Laurel asks "Why are you putting school in your blog?" Because that is what we have done all week. This week we learned about America's break away from Britain. Thomas Jefferson, the various actions by Parliament that encouraged colonial rebellion, the Declaration, and the Revolutionary War. For a history major it was hard to cover all that in a week. I kept reminding myself that they are 7 and 6 years old, and they don't have to know all the details at this point... but I couldn't help myself. I think they liked the Liberty's Kids cartoon I showed them today best of all, so much for my hours of reading to them. At any rate, we have been busy this week and doing well. Tim's brother called today and is coming to visit this weekend. So, I am off to pick up the house. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: