Thursday, October 2, 2008

Too much twang

At LBL last weekend the radio selection was limited. We were, however, able to pick up a bluegrass station. Our kids now love it and request it every time we get in the car. We have too much twang going on. Don't get me wrong I am not writing off the genre. I like Allison Krauss and Nickel Creek is enjoyable as well, but if its twangy I have to pass. Apparently my children like a little twang. Katey has a favorite. Tonight she was singing along in full voice, with her best twang, to "I Know I'm Saved." At least the message is a good one. Here's a link to a website where you can hear a clip of that song off the album (scroll down and click the music note next to #6) if you want to experience the "twang" for yourself- imagine a two year old singing along...loudly.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7734598

Let's hope its just a phase. My Dad will enjoy it when he comes to visit this weekend. They can all sit around and listen to the twang together.

No comments: